View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 17:37   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cluster Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I think i allready explained it, or atleast tried to get my point across.
You are saying that the average joe could just join a alliance and ask to be put in charge of politics/targets/etc?
Then im sorry to inform you that your an idiot. Stop posting please.
How do you think people who do politics and targetting got there? Were they born in charge?

I'm not suggesting agar3s would put Joe McNewbie in charge of all of Ultores/Astatores politics on his very first round. That's so obvious I shouldn't have to spell it out.

But once he's comfortable with the game, Joe might be given the targets and taught how to set up the attack, just the pure mechanics of Merlin and scans. Then after a while, Joe might have a conversation with the person who decides where the attack goes and get some insight into target selection. Maybe the next time, he suggests a couple of gals himself, and given reasons why they're good or bad. Maybe the next round on a random galraid night near the start of the round, he gets to pick the actual target on his own. People work their way into these roles, and it takes a lot of time.

What I dislike about this suggestion is that it forces everyone to play with a bunch of randoms, if they want to play at all. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but you can already do that: just sign up a random planet and switch alliance. Why make everyone else do the same? Many people only play this game because their friends play. PA is a social game, and alliances are where people build their long-term communities. We already have a (semi-)random unit of cooperation: galaxies. We don't need another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If youve done that, tons of times, you would know they are totaly diffrent from the normal ones, one reason being that the normal "corrupt pa players/leaders" are no longer in charge.

What i used to like about it was that you had a small group(your gal) wich you played for, and you sometimes had to work with people you disliked on a "micro level", and "backstab" or fight your normal friends/allies.
Yeah, I know exactly what they're like: as long as they can be bothered, the people who decide "things" in normal rounds also decide things in random rounds. These people aren't in charge because they lead alliances, they lead alliances because they're in charge. Alliances are not the cause, they are the effect. Remember, they once formed naturally, without any "ingame support".

(I put some "random words in" quotes too, I hope I'm doing it right!)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote