View Single Post
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 08:15   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Atupid vista argh!

I can honestly say it grows on you.

I made the jump from XP -> Vista the second I could, in doing so I realised in full there may be some hiccups.

The first month was indeed a pain, top tier companies like Nvidia & Creative hadn't even finished proper drivers yet and all my games that had previously been silky smooth under XP ran like shit.

Now that its been out a few months and the drivers are sorted it has been running better than XP ever did. The performance is about the same, but everything is more coherrent and easier to do. The interfaces are much better thought out and things are generally far more stable.

It seems stable enough that companies are shipping new systems with Vista so I see no good reason to wait for the service pack (which is probably further away than you think), unless you are running some outdated or funky hardware that may cause compatibility problems.

The only bad feature I can think of is that they shipped with UAC on by default, hopefully they'll change that stance in future realeses.