View Single Post
Unread 28 Jan 2015, 16:52   #36
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
IF there was a scenario that me losing ships to help others land after me benefited alliance more than the losses I took, I'd land it.
I just cant see this scenario happening. It is very unlikely you would be attacking a planet with lots of broads using frigates in the first place. Far more likely you have 3 attacks in the same gal and you gamble on who has gotten the short straw, not exactly a selfless kill the broads for the alliance land.
Say you make this land, lose several hundred thousand in value, the guys broads are toast. However, he has also just got half of them back as salvage - you have bought yourself a day without them tops, in which even in wartime it is unlikely you will hit his gal again. Broads are not really helpful anywhere else, a lucky prelaunch perhaps.
You have bought this dubious gain with a big permanent value loss to your alliance's attacking power. Honestly I don't see why this is appealing to anyone.