View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2010, 15:52   #49
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Re: New Owner Prediction Thread

There are single-player elements in PA today. Cov-ops for instance is really something you do "by yourself".
Thats the main reason cov-ops was implemented back in the days. But other elements of SP or single player effort has actually been removed. The "getting a good start" is completely gone, the "composing a different fleet" is nearly gone and the outcome of your round is more based on wether or not you are in a atrong alliance and the political landscape. If you are in an alliance somewhere in the middle of the ranks, it doesn't matter how well you know the game, you are just food for bigger fish. I might be overdoing it here, but there is, in my opinion very little "gameplay" left here.
Ask yourself one question: What could I have done last round to end up with a much bigger networth, score etc. How many descisions did you make that caused the end-result?

Its a fair question