View Single Post
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 00:04   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pax.5 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Yes I have played the game and am in a situation to know what I'm talking about here. Having a good ratio DOESNT stop you being bashed, it is a situation I've had to myself deal with for a good few rounds now and no matter how low i keep my roids to make myself less attractive compared to those around me I still get bashed. And as I said its often not for immediate gain or even any gain for those bashing, they simply want my ships out of the way. if I run they pull and let their smaller friend (still much bigger than myself) take my roids and if i stay they destroy my ships and leave me there for their smaller friend to take my roids.

And your examples are from a differnet time when the game was differnt where your quite right playing smart could bear fruit, today thats not the case
oh god.

I admit r2/r3 was different. 1) random galaxies 2) larger playerbase.

But you could also do this in the other rounds.

This is how you do it (depends slighlty on priv/random gal ofc).

1) Accept that you will loose some roids.
2) If you cant cover it, move away your ships.
3) Grow in leaps.
4) Choose terran, and build chimeras.
5) With a score of 2mill and 100 roids and all your score in chims, you wont get attacked.
6) In the early parts of the game, you can have a better score-roids ratio than in the middle part. Becouse at the begining there is still the major wars going on, and more fat targets than yourself out there. In the middle part, after the first major wars is over, you gotta stay low again. Then when the big boys stab each other again, you can continue to add roids.
In the end you can also have a descent ratio, becouse roids will not longer be that attractive.
(this was just an exampel)

Wakey, you have now been given Zhukovs first lesson in "Surviving in the PA universe as a n00b/inactive".

The problem with this, is that you wont grow very large (rounds r5 onwords). To grow large you need friends/c-alliance/alliance/BG (HELP for short)..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote