Thread: Pax.5 Beta
View Single Post
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 12:33   #20
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Pax.5 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
mmm r4 may have had 180k+ planets, but no more than 30k actual players ... if that.

To be honest, I've never been bashed before :| [unless intentional suicide / one of my usual ****ups] so the thought only occured to me last night. but thats not hte only problem I guess, the entire game is ttoally anti-new players.

eg if a new player only inits, gets a few ships ... he isnt gonan enjoy the game and will jsut quit anyway :s
Rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Small players need greater protection from the big and the stanglehold that the big alliances have on the game needs broken. Big players should be fighting with other big players and small players need to be fighting with other small players, not big players fighting with small players .
Still preaching the attitude that helped kill Planetarion. The great thing about Planetarion originally was simplicity, despite what people seem to believe there was never a huge amount of bashing, especially post cap, it simply wasn't profitable so long as planets kept sensible sizes and ratios. Once you started adding all the fangled rules to protect newbies the game lost it's edge somewhat, the fact that most of these rules were brought in once there were no new players was also funny, though not quite as funny as you still asking for more, even though there never will be any new players. As for experienced players being small and needing protection, learn to lose I'd have thought most of you would be used to it.

Last edited by Hicks; 15 Mar 2004 at 12:46.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote