Thread: r66 Changes
View Single Post
Unread 24 Apr 2016, 12:29   #81
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: r66 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
What committee? You? Oh please.

I bet Rainbows for example uses this feature, I've noticed a big increase in their defence activity. All an alliance like Rainbows needs to do is organise a strategy, set their AF and a DC can coordinate defence without the annoying spam calling.

Most players now have jobs and busy real lives, and they don't want to be spam called every night. With this feature, even the less equipped alliances can defend adequately, it just requires organisation - it's not difficult.

Spam calling the shit out of people makes players want to quit, it's not fun. Sure, you can just go offense, but some alliances have the organisation to defend and don't want to play a CT/p3n style strategy.

Any alliance can take advantage of this feature, it just requires some organisation, and how do you know that other alliances haven't been using it? You can't base your conclusion on some alliances adopting an XP strategy where defence isn't in their strategy PERIOD this round.
Sorry if you did not get the comitee joke, obviously it was refering to having stats being decided by a comitee earlier.

Don't get me wrong, all the alliances are likely to use this feature to save wakeup calls, but thats not my point.

Im not sure how this will affect PA in a normal round when most allies can send out 60 defence fleets daily more or less effort free.

If you have been following stats debates lately, or AD for that matter, people want effort free roids. If suddently all tags can send out 50+ def fleets on average each round, landing will become harder, and "politics(ganging)" will become the deciding factor.

In one suggestion thread/added features we are trying make ganging "less" effective with simplyfing the BP mixing prosess with hardcoding it, and with this we are trying to make ganging needed to breach, what i call it, "painbarrier"?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote