Thread: Game Tactics
View Single Post
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 16:10   #100
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Game Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I've pretty much survived the round with only 3/2/3 factories this way, along with my whole gal. "Burning prod time" can lead to some pretty good crashes if people aren't wary of it. Contrary to what monroe says you don't have to have a gradual buildup of ships in prod though. You can prod quite a bit in just a few ticks on max pop+feud/dict if you get rid of all the factory cost.

Another tactic specific to this round which should be noted is suicide harpy def. Against pure xan incs you literally cannot lose value after salvage and in fact if you're low ranked plus feud you make quite a profit even with your whole fleet wiped out.
I don't see you're point as contradictory to mine, it more compliments it. If you're goal is to maximize the amount of ships then yes gradual is better, but if you're goal is to hide as long as possible then waiting as long as possible is better. I'll add that to the tactic.

Can you expand your explanation of the suicide defense? I would like to add it to the list in a more documented way. Thanks.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote