Thread: Game Tactics
View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 23:07   #85
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Re: Game Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando

Now for a new tactic i have been useing recently when i have been playing Zik.

Tactic: Liquid Assets
Description: Due to zik ships stealing other classes of ships this often leads to you fleet compositon getting less concentrated over time. So I have taken to saveing up a bit of resources instead of spending them all, I do still grow my fleets i just don't spend all my resources. This means that when i am under attack i can then spend the built up resources on the type of ship that fires at the class attacking me and makeing my fleet more concentrated again. This tactic has several advantages firstly an attacker may recall instantly if they planet scan and see you resources fall massively. The next main advantage is that some people sometime neglect/forget to planet scan their targets, this can lead to them landing when they thnink they have the advantage when you really have it. This is very good for ziks later in the round as it becomes harder to steal later in the round but useing this tactic one neglegent attacker can lead to a nice steal for you (obviously calc this either on a battle calc or in your head do not throw away your ships on an assumption). This tactic can also be used by other races but i find it is most effective for ziks. ummm i am sure there is something i have forgoten but that sort of thing happens when you only get 9 and a half hours sleep in the past 3 days, plz if you work out what i have missed add it.

Counter: planet scan all your targets b4 launching and again b4 landing

now for the next tactic that i find most effective
Stockpiling

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote