View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2017, 10:04   #12
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about
Re: R70 prediction & drama thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
so who been warring with who?

Evening,
There seems to be some objections and criticism to the percieved sudden change in direction despite there seemingly having been a vote to hit norse. The main objection is that suddenly we have no strategy, or are killing the alliance or somesuch.
I have been inactive this last week but even I can see that there is some strategic sense in this change. 1st is that we are currently losing against app, it's not fast but we are letting through more than they do, and they are getting further and further ahead value wise, so sooner or later we need to do something to change things. Unfortunately alliance politics are not on our side, even our supposed friends wont hit app so we can't do the obvious and roll up with a block, at least not in the short term. As such we need to think longer term where our potential partners would be norse or ult. This action creates a path to partnering ult (with whom we would be hitting norse) and we can presume that they will return the favour and hit app with us later.
Looking further ahead if we hit norse what are the outcomes? Hopefully we begin taking roids off norse, app meanwhile wont be hit at all so will likely overtake. The pressure is then on norse to decide what to do; do they just let app have a clear run at a win or do they make some kind of agreement with us and ult to hit app? We shall see.
Whether norse deals, or is defeated, we would then turn to hitting a now no.1 app. App will be the big bad guy at number one that he is not at the moment thus hopefully making creating a coalition easier.
Are there risks? Yes of course; we may be dead before we get on to hitting app again (but then we could always switch to all out attack) - app intends to keep hitting us while we pivot away from them. Unfortunately app wont do any kind of deal with us no matter what we do. It is nice and comfortable to hit us; we don't defend, and most importantly they don't annoy anyone else. If they hit anyone they risk getting a coalition against them, so it is us or no one. As such the only kind of deal they will offer is us they will go down to hitting our forts (so like 70-80% incs on us) in return we would have to agree not to help ult (and I presume not hit app). This is clearly too one sided to contemplate. Ultimately app hate us, they do'nt trust us to do any deals, and they don't want to either. No room for manouver.
So there you have this strategy as I see it. Feel free to disagree with whether it is the right thing to do but to me it seems as viable as any other.
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote