View Single Post
Unread 31 Dec 2008, 10:06   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: N00b RAM Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In theory, it is always best to buy memory in doubles, because they benefit from a higher bandwidth (wiki dual-channel architecture). In practice however, the difference is negligible.

I would add 1 or 2 additional modules of 1 GB, of the same type as you already have (DDR-xxx or DDR2-xxx, where xxx is a number between about 400 and 1066). Windows should be able to utilise about 3 to 3.5 GB of memory, so it might be worthwhile to get 2 modules.

As a final note, get the cheapest RAM you can find. Here too, expensive RAM is only marginally (0-2%) faster than cheap RAM.
I currently have a 1 GB chip in my PC. I have one additional memory slot. The software recommends I remove my 1 GB chip and get a single 2GB chip. If I'm doing this I may as well leave the 1 GB chip and put the 2GB chip in the additional memor slot?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote