View Single Post
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 20:13   #1
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
The end of a journey

After 2 won rounds its finally time for me to announce the end and disbanding of eclipse in the game planetarion.
This announcement is coming with mixed feelings, on one hand its the end of a long road we went through from our first steps in r9 till now, on the otherhand many ppl got worn out and lost their faith in the game and its community and went to go for other games.
Eclipse will go on playing in one of the major clones alongside its allies and we also established a small dedicated group in another game to keep our friendship alive.
Some ppl and especially our members will now ask what brought us to this decision on which all current HC's agreed on.
The major factor was that almost all commandmembers have important RL goals and difficulties ahead they need to master, may it be my exams, arfas sick kids, mazzelars wedding or Johnsons business expansion.
This would leave us without the opportunity to put as much time and dedication into the alliance which would be needed and deserved by our players.
As a result it only left us with a single choice to call it a day and to wish the community and everyone the best for the future.
At this point i wish to invite all Eclipseplayers into the clone as we plan to expand our activities there thanks to the great work of QD and Bashar who ensured a secure political situation and a great military and ranking success for the fairly small group we formed there.

On a more personal note i wish to add that i reconsidered myself for quiet a while how much this step would mean for me, with exams ahead it would end "my baby" some ppl might understand those feelings but i took a look at the pa community and i realised it doesnt justify for me personally the efford anymore.
Sad facts are the community is consuming itself for a couple of rounds now the playing alliance number dropped to below 10 and new blood is nowhere to find. Any replacements for leaving players are filled by scavanging other alliances a trend which cant last much longer.
I personally would be surprised if we see this round more then 1k active core players and no i dont mean just planets and neither players who just work as a farm or scanplanet and basically give nothing to the game itself since they are no target for the general community.
All in all i found my new home in Eve, a game which mastered one step pa always failed upon, further development.
The pa idea was good when it was new and alone but the competition grew and overtook the original game, 30 min clones have tripple or an equal playerbase the original has, this should indicate something.

After giving both, the formal and my personal reasons behind this step i would to add a small thank you part.

The first and biggest thanks goes to our members, without you we wouldnt have made the 2 round victories and without your dedication and investment into this project we wouldnt have had so much success and fun. I enjoyed playing alongside you and since i dont plan to play the clone, will miss many of you.

The 2nd noteworthy thanks must go to our allies, especially our longtimes allies and friends from ToT ( yes you Bomber). Those ppl are a loyal bunch and very reliable, after a few rounds working with them and myself sharing the same nationality it became more then "just game" best wishes to wakko on his trip

Last but not least i need to mention the command, HC and officers. Your support and your will to make things work and to take responsibility/tasks made the game playable and helped to focus our members energy in the right direction, victory.

Now ill throw in some personal thanks since this thread is not only Eclipse disbanding but also my leaving pa for good one. The list would be long if i name everyone so ill just go with 4-5 of my closest friends and m8s in this game:

Killghost, my 2nd in command for years, my friend, partner in crime and enterprise dealer , always loyal always honest. We will meet many times even without pa and keep the old stories alive, a true friend.

Qd, aka mrs sexyvoice, wingwoman longtime senior officer and my new squadm8 in eve, without you the eclipse community would have missed one of its major hearts and souls.

Outcast, the hindi. you know you were always "weird" to most ppl but one of my best m8s in this game, reliable to the end hope you have a good life and make your sister to keep in contact with me ffs

Sonnenbomber, cya @ the fullforce and the next tot-meet

Singularity and the old T&P crew, without you guys i would have stopped long ago, since all of you left and might not even read it ill just say big thanks you were a blast.

Sid, da man, nothing more to say, a god and never too deprived of sleep to not run a top alliance. Good Luck irl Jon, maybe we meetup in london later this year, just drop me a call or pm me

many many more not enough space so you guys know who i would name here anways, thanks spinner for the fun in the past and goodluck with what you do, maybe try a new game once in awhile

Anyways, farewell to the game and its community, one which ill stay in contact with even if im not playing myself.
My best wishes go with the few players of eclipse who intend to stay in the game and do not wish to follow us into other game(s), may you have fun aslong as it lasts.

Signing off
-Focht
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 13 Mar 2004 at 20:19.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote