View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 10:13   #40
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 57 Alliance Stats

I completely agree that Ult should have won and were by a long way the best alliance. Nobody else faced the same kind of pressure and when they did for brief periods they tended to sink. Nowhere was I disputing this.

You have toned down your language a bit so I wont argue any more.

Fencesitting or blocking however is a perfectly good strategy because the goal of the game is not to play best but to win at tickstop. Ult clearly were lacking something in this department - other alliances that would block with them or an ability to avoid wars and undermine opposing blocks! This by all accounts is what is different now from when you won before. And is what is different from how other alliances that have clearly had the best players over long periods have done when they have won before.

On the other hand if we want it to be based on who plays best then there needs to be a different system for scoring alliances - somebody should post something about alliance points on the suggestion forums. I might do so myself if no one gets around to it in the next few days.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote