View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2010, 21:09   #26
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Alliance Points Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
A game where breaking your fleet is the optimal strategy to win? I think we've seen it already, to be honest, and I reckon we concluded that it wasn't so great after all.
APS shouldnt be based on crashing your fleet for roids [XP]
nor for that matter based on maximising your value (beeing high on value, pays of in so many ways, why make it the term to decide the round winner?)

i would love to see a system where the politcs are involved (amount of naps, number of planets in your tag etc...) and also the bravery of your alliance actions (attacking bigger galaxies and planets, defending of bigger guys etc...)

atm only an alliance can win the round with close to a full tag (counting planets)
so however u work out the alliance tag limits (which could be removed in a situation where the tag size doesnt have (much) influence on the Rankings (APS)) it will always be an alliance to win the round with a full score counting memberbase (atm)
so everyone not close to a full counting tag is disqualified from any alliance competition

thats sad imo

maybe we could introduce a modificator system

with f.e. a galaxy modificator

lets say everyones galaxy starts with a modificator of 10
then u get hit
and the launched value is compared to the defending value, and some weird kick ass formula counts your new galaxy modificator (implying lost roids, number of alliances in your gal, number of attacking alliances, rank of those alliances, avg score of em, launched cross defence fleets bla bla bla.....)

tbh i have absolutly no idea how you would wanna calc it

however you could have this modificator for alliances also!

so in the end the APS u get while hitting a galaxy/planet would be connected to the galaxies modificator while at the same time to the individuals planets alliance modificator
hell you could even implement a planet modificator (running your fleet lowers it, while fighting a good fight makes you achieve some points, while winning a battle beeing it in having someone recall from you or crashing on you heavily adds to your modificator)

that way the top galaxies would feel some pressure as they would be the perfect APS targets
specially if they fought off many attacks, contain many diffrent alliances (a hooray for fencing) and rock in cross defence...

roiding those should be rewared more then bashing Mr. 300 roid noobie in a shit gal , where everyone runs his fleet at the first sight of trouble

again a long post i am sorry

P.s. i am drunk

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote