View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2014, 01:02   #255
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

This is my first round back after about 10 years of not playing. I think involving the community in making the stats is a positive move, but this thread is not the best advert for it.

People who make the stats are giving their time to the community and that deserves at least a basic level of respect. For me, this means there should be at least a minimum level of effort put into feedback on the stats. Much of the feedback here has been personal attacks or simple assertions with little justification for them. I don't want to suggest everyone is guilty of this - the post above this one is a good example of some constructive feedback - but still, too many of the posts in this thread are of poor quality.

Ultimately, I think the stats committee idea is a good one - the community / PAteam would need to ensure it operated in a fairly open way, but it has potential to be a positive force.

Out of interest, has such a thing ever been used in the past? If so, what were the issues/problems that mean it stopped?

If not, how about we actually start putting such a thing in place? It's probably too late for it to have any impact on the stats for next round, but it seems like now would be a good time to start putting such a thing in place in order to have something ready for next round.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote