View Single Post
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 16:04   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Article on the Big Four and English Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Money always decides things in team sports once they're professional. This is rather intrinsic with the idea of professionalisation.
Does it have to? I mean in American Football for example we don't see anything close to the monopolisation we see in the English Premier League. The way money is distributed and spent needs to better regulated, to help the game at all its levels and to provide us with a real competition from top to bottom, with teams that are bad because they aren't well run, not because they can only spend half a million while the top team can spend 35.

Quote:
I think it's unfair that teams sometimes play shit football. Maybe you should try imposing your world view on English football and see how far you get.
Unfair on who?

What is my world view on English football? Have I said we should ban attacking passing teams? All I've said is that teams want to win and if it means exposing these teams weaknesses by being negative and cynical instead of trying to outplay them when they can't, so be it. You seem to have this obsession that I hate passing football - not at all, I just respect teams that don't give a toss and want to work round it. When these passing teams get all worked up about how the opposition played I find it hilarious, what did they expect exactly for the other side to roll over and die or something? The only thing I hate about passing teams is their 'holier than thou' attitude about how football should be played. United and Chelsea can adapt and mix it up on both levels which is why they lose far less matches than anyone else because Arsenal are at one extreme and Liverpool are at the other.