Thread: Fakenicking
View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 23:57   #40
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fakenicking

I just think everyone makes too big a deal about fakenicking on all sides of the issue.

There is a large number of people who fakenick for absolutely no reason or who fakenick long after there was a reason. I find this mildly irritating. I find it more irritating that some alliances ask thier members to fakenick when there is no reason or when there coords will be very easily discovered due to how they operate. "everyone fakenick forever, but ignore the fact that you can get every single members coords by looking at the attack bot"

On the other hand it irritates me that some people act as if fakenicking is some extreme act of deception that destroys galaxies and tears apart the fabric of the game.

Fake nicking is not now and has never been worthwhile for the majority of planetarion players, but it is worthwhile for some and if people want to use different nicks in different channels, thats thier business and I dont dislike them or distrust them because of this. Galaxies work when people cooperate and communicate regardless of what nicks they use while doing so.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote