Thread: Fakenicking
View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 15:02   #17
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fakenicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
First of all, the most stupid assumption in this thread is that people who fakenicks are not to be trusted? Why not?

People who fakenick defends ingal, they help new players, and they are active, they just dont want people to immidiatly discover their alliancebelongning.
You answered your own question there. If you don't trust me with what alliance you are in, why should I do the same to you? Trust is a two-way street, and people who aren't willing to go down one way won't get much traffic the other. It's simple as that.

The other factor is that fakenicking takes away from the social context. If I find out Kargool is in my galaxy, I can talk to him about political actions TGV make, stuff on AD and how cool a city Trondheim is. Similarly, if I'm talking about one of these things, Kargool is free to join in on the conversation. If some guy I've never heard of joins the galchan, there's nothing I can immediately talk to him about aside from the galaxy. And that person has to keep quiet on topics that might reveal who they are. It's simply harder to get to know that person.