View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2007, 08:05   #123
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Nature of the Support Planets Rule and other such extended discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
There were too many people who wanted to play "the Ascendancy way". So more than one ingame tag was formed, filled up with people playing this way. This is all anyone with a clue has "admitted" about the situation. Cos it's what happened.
Let's call things what they are. Having a second tag for your overflow is not a block.

I have to say at the very start of this round I had the exact same thoughts as GJN. Ascendency finished last round with a fairly competitive score, everyone knew that they had accumulated a fair few players still playing for high scores and many players capable of playing very well and that other elite players were applying. People prepared for the possibility that Ascendancy was going to be very competitive this round. Had this been the case, clearly having an out of tag cov op team would be a very clear and obvious case of support planets (and the scanners too if one considers them as such). When the cov-oppers started hitting the top allies hard, it seemed to confirm this belief.

In retrospect things look very different. The cov opping was some people having some fun. The scanners are doing their own things, and ascendancy is playing as casually as ever and clearly not coordinating the actions of the people in the other tags.

It is obviously and admittedly an end run around the tag limit, and some of what went on can definitely be classified as support, but in the context of ascendency playing casually in the scattered every man for himself community that we all know and love, I really cant see it as a big deal.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote