View Single Post
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 21:05   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Looking for system / bandwidth status program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
1) DU-meter or Netlimiter, though the latter is more than only a monitor
And neither of them are free.
Got a version of NetLimiter, it's really nice, but it doesn't give me the bandwidth "easy accessible".
Thx for the DU-Meter tip, gonna try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
2) No idea for a tool that monitors temperature except for SiSoft Sandra, but that's hardly real-time no?

I only use Winbar to monitor my system. I'm only interested in CPU, memory and HD usage. I'm not that much interested in my hardware status.
Will have a look at Winbar.
I recently developed the idea that it'd be nice to see cpu usage all the time. I then figured, a more "average" information from general pc usage would be the cpu temp (I watched it using AIDA [a great system information tool], and noticed how it develops on my pc).

The reason I want to have a closer look at my HDDs now is that I installed a new one yesterday. As my pc was ready-built and is really small, it's pretty tight AND hot inside. The additional HDD wasn't included in the design.
So I bought a HDD fan, but it was 3mm to high :-/
After I nearly broke my disks and totally bended the fan-plate, I dismounted both fans and put them somewhere else (using a candy-box and tape as well as bits of string).
They now desperately try to cool down the lower HDD, the upper one doesn't have a way to let its heat go, but at least it won't get additional heat from below. I hope.

That's why I want to have a closer look at it atm.
[47° and 43° Celsius right now, with no heavy usage]. :-/