View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 22:38   #41
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Oh no, I'm a terr'ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
your country is weird.

ours isnt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Well, this is the first sign i have seen of any evidence we are on a "higher alert". I still personally think it's highly stupid, but there you go.

Part of my job atm is updating (finishing) a website for all of the shops/businesses in Kingston Town Centre (I work for KTCM which is basically Kingston Town Centre Management, a smaller company funded entirely by the council). Kingston is a small borough of Greater London, but very out of the way. Perhaps as far as you can get from Central London whilst still being a part of London. Anyway, I went out into the town centre to take photos of shopfronts for the website that I would upload later, but someone came over to me and asked me what I was doing. I explained, and he said he would have to take me up to the shopping centre manager where I would have to explain myself. Which I did, effectively marched up the stairs and into the office by an 50 something old grouch with a mop and subjected to an "interview" by a woman who clearly wouldn't know a terrorist if he jumped into her house and attacked her family (she seemed nice though). Now have had to come back to the office to get a piece of paper written which will explain exactly what I am doing and who has said I am allowed to.

The people who spoke to me said a few times "but we don't know you aren't a terrorist!" whenever I looked even slightly miffed at the whole process. Which was most annoying, though I suppose slightly amusing. Especially as given what has happened recently taking pictures of random shopfronts wouldnt seem to be pre-bombing activity.

Never mind though, so far today I've been hit by a car and said I might be a terrorist by complete strangers. Wonderful
You're wrong about that one mate.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote