View Single Post
Unread 10 Jan 2006, 00:15   #15
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about
Re: Call For Comments: Round 16 beta stats

I played r4-r5 unaligned, and r15 ROCK
In R15, I played Terran

I agree with Gate in that I think Terran are a little too tough, too. He stated quite well why thier defence is so tough, and thier attack will be hard to stop, as well. Especially Battleships.

There are only 5 ship-types that target BS, and a Terran BS fleet will target 4 of these, Dragon, Broadsword, Corsair and Rogue. And it will even shoot first against Corsair and Rogue. The other, Black Widow, is an EMP ship. And with the increased armor across the board for Terran ships, these are even less of a threat than Roach ->DE last round. The only viable defence against a Terran BS fleet is the Broadsword... and if History can be trusted, most Xan players won't even finish researching ship hulls until halfway through the round. A possible solution would be to turn the roach to shoot at Battleships, like the Widowmaker last round, but that opens the Catharran to the Zik. But however it's done, i think there needs to be a little more anti-BA

This doesn't even take into account the Terran DE fleet, which is still powerful, tho not as tough as last round. And I understand the desire to give us poor Terrans a fast ship, but the Pegasus is just too fast this time. It's the only innitiative 3 in the game, the first Normal ship to shoot. We Terrans don't like being slow, but we understand it. That's why we have all the armor. If you move Pegasus to init 4, it would shoot at the same time as Fireblade. This would make it just as viable on defence to a Terran, 'cause it would kill just as many corvettes, but it would limit it a little bit on attack against Xan, whose only defence against DE will be those poor fireblades, until they complete research of ship hulls.

Of course, it's entirely possible that I don't know what I'm talking about