Thread: Are you ready?
View Single Post
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 07:56   #28
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Are you ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
You couldn't care less. to say you could care less is to imply that you actually care. I've heard this is an American saying but it is brutality against language. It is worse than a double negative because this is just wrong. It's like saying 'a dog is a cat becuase I like cheese'. If it only you I convert to accept the Englih language and repent all previous linguistic sins then shall have done my job.
That's right I could care less about what church he goes to.....as long as he goes to church. This type of phrasing is used frequently in American English. Hey a culture difference, what do you know. Maybe I should get some red blobs just for being an American.
Quote:
On the topic, I find the video pathetic.

Edit: Due to the appalling nature of the first line I posted the message before reading the rest of the post. Why would believers want to watch that? Where is the benefit?
The video is cool. The first time I saw it a couple of days ago I asked my wife to forward it to me. It helps me visualize how the "Rapture" could occur.

Quote:
It 'teaches' nothing, except that God may come at any moment and kill loads of people. the video isn't even clear on that. What happened to the others? Did they do to heaven or hell? Are the people still there to be punished or rewarded by living the res of their lives on Earth? It's a pile of shit as anything. It's only viable purpose is to add to the feeling of terror that God could smite you at any moment.

As to the rest of your post, oh dear.
Ah, lesson 101 on "The Rapture" for non-believers (and some that are).

The following is from wikipedia:

The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) in which it is believed that all born-again Christians will be taken from Earth into Heaven by Jesus Christ. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will have eternal life, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be "taken" into Heaven at a specific moment. Its introduction and popularization in Christian belief is relatively recent, and the teachings of older Churches do not include any such doctrine.

The timing of "when" the rapture will take place is a key point often discussed and debated between denominations and individuals who accept the belief. One belief ("dispensationalist" or "futurist" interpretations) is that the rapture will take place at an unknown period of time prior to the beginning of the seven year tribulation, and that at that time only non-Christians will be left on the earth. However, according to the dispensationalist view, many will come to know Christ during the time of the tribulation, before he returns to set up His Kingdom of God/earthly kingdom. Others believe that the rapture will be a very audible and visible event which takes place after the events of the tribulation, right at the Second Coming of Christ in which the righteous will be taken up in the clouds to meet Christ upon his return. Other Christians teach that Jesus will return when all on Earth have come to worship Him as their savior. Thus, in accordance with the teaching of the Second Coming, when everyone accepts Jesus as their savior, he will return, and the Earth as we know it will end.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote