View Single Post
Unread 7 Jul 2018, 23:13   #27
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough
Re: Remove EXP or nerf it to oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowkimon View Post
I can see why XP is an annoying for some but it is a very fun element to the game. The ability to drastically increase your ranking from a landing a top planet and getting 10k+ XP is great to see. Removing it would slow down the pace of the game, which I'm not fond of. I am much more in favour of an offensive round and being to land an attack everyday than land one or twice a week.

I think the roid cap formula should be changed to score-based rather than value based. Currently:
"Stolen Roids of type X = asteroids of type x * (asteroids of type x / total number of asteroids) * ( 0.25 * (target_planet_value / your_planet_value) ^ 0.5)"

Value players are getting left behind not being able to cap as many roids. A top 100 value based player will struggle to find decent targets in current top 100.
Hate to comment, but this was just a stupid not to respond to. You say you want xp to be score based, when it's today both score and value? And when you propose a formula you just include value?

The asteroid of x shit makes no sense. and i'm pretty sure asteroid/total asteroid would be around 20-25%

I really see why you like xp, either you haven't paid attention at all to formulas and just launching attacks or you are just bad at the game.

On another note i think xp might play a very interesting part in the game, but i think that rounds like this is a bit stupid. It's about crashing the most. No def, just attack. Do that enough rounds and you kill the game. The game is about community.

I've chatted with jintao quite a few times, and i think some of the problem is the "balanced" stats. I call them paper rock scissor stats. So everyone want to land clean, every race should be open to same amount of classes etc. If we had a really inovative statmaker trying to balance with effs, AC, DC etc instead of init and it was allowed i think we might see more interesting rounds. I also think the xp formula could be up for a redo. I'm not thinking change the multipliers or integers, but find a way to reward combat.

Value rounds is boring cause you need a gangbang to land, xp rounds cause you just build attack ships. It's a war game, reward combat!
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote