View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 13:38   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why changing salvage sucked ass and please change it back next round

There are a couple of things people have overlooked. I'm not proposing returning instantly to last round's salvage, which if you actually read my post I clearly did agree was overpowered. However halving it is a colossal overreaction. Please try and consider this in real terms, what on earth would you actually halve if you considered it to be too much? And yeah sure try and avoid the massive value gain calcs but calcs where someone loses 25% of his defending fleet value because the other guy's an idiot isn't exactly something liable to appeal to much of the current playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Well, is this really a problem with the salvage system, or is it the fact that ships with low init now are TOO good now? I think its more the latter. Stats havent taken the change enough into consideration...
You can probably correct the "problem" either way, although there are a lot more variations to consider if you're doing so through stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem
As mentioned above in a couple of posts, salvage is designed to give you back some resources after a bashing, not to make spectacular valuegains on.
Wasn't what I was arguing for, clearly you must have been reading a different thread! Obviously most people thought salvage was overpowered last round. Could it be we went too far in correcting this though? I mean god does anyone remember the hilarious tendencies the pa stats used to have where last round's underpowered race would be the next round's oh my god hot race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
I agree, being able to defend with no losses is crazy stuff (unless you outnumber massively, realistically.)
Surely wiping the entire attacking fleet out is outnumbering massively? I mean in the third calc I pasted the dude is outnumbered 3:1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
Hoping that every attacker on you lands, so that you can gain score? As far as I'm concerned that's incredibly broken.
If anyone thinks that happens last round you're just flat out wrong. I'd say almost all of our value gains last round were from teamups where the majority recalled and one or two idiots stayed.

Quote:
Cursing the moron who crashed on your defence, lost all his fleet & cost you score.
That's how PA should be.
I entirely disagree. I'm perfectly willing to concede it shouldn't be an easy way to gain score but in my opinion this is too far the other way.

Quote:
We spent a couple days working our asses off, organizing nonstop attacks on ascendancy.
Yeah. No offence, fighting omen and the first time we got hit by 4 alliances salvage helped keep us up there. When DLR were involved we stayed even on roids with ND in our top 60 planets (and we did actually attack, just not anyone bar ND and not with anything bar cr/bs) and they crashed a few fleets and we killed quite a few fleets off them which for some bizzare reasons you'd just find lying at base. I was going to post more but then I read

Quote:
& with your closest opponent only crashing 1 of the MANY MANY fleets that crashed.
and realised you apparently have no clue what you were talking about. I can think of 2 crashes ND had on my gal in the very first night. One was zavva for about a 1.5 mil value loss and the other was a teamup on benneh I think which lost ND about 2-3 mil value. I can't remember exactly. I can remember personally landing with bread and rasputin on silverace who ran his fleet and let his ND defenders die. I can remember kila landing with his cr on and killing at least 2 ND planets, one he lost harpies he'd padded his fleet with on, the other he didn't. BaasB also crashed, I can remember game bitching to me about how much def he'd had to then go and piss away his score. That rain dude also crashed multiple times. These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head right now. You're full of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
BUT in a war situation, the attacker will still loose more.
Oh, I'd agree entirely. My main problem is that rewards sitting out of a war even more. If there's anything I don't want to see in PA it's fencesitting being rewarded more.