View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2006, 17:10   #9
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [BBC News Link] Hahahahahahahaha

There is no way China is ever going to back any action whatsoever against Iran in the security council. They want resources and dont give a **** about anything else.
Russia is not likely to support them either. They want to continue to sell weapons and stuff to Iran. They just sold a few air-defense systems to them (at some time in the last few month, I remember reading about that somewhere)
The french probably will be against any action, because of the oil. Blair will probably back Bush on whatever he wants.
Basicly the same situation as in Iraq, except that a) the public in the US probably doesnt like he idea of yet another war very much and b) the US army is already somewhat stretched out by occupying two countries. Whatever progress was made in these countires in the last years (if any) would be destroyed by attacking Iran now.
The only thing that could happen would be some air strikes against nuclear facilities in Iran, without any backing by the security council, but I dont see that happening,just now after things more or less returned to normal after this whole Iraq-fiasco. Maybe they let Israel do it.