View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2004, 01:29   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Forum Moderation - Are they joking?

Out of interest I've decided to analyse a topic with respect to the people who have posted, what they have said and the way they said it. I chose "When's most of the universe going to wake up?" as my example. I used the thread as it existed at 21:45 BST.

84 total posts

Breakdown of posters by nick:

14 posts
Methedrine, Rumad

6 posts
Chika

5 posts
ComradRob

4 posts
Game', mazzelar

3 posts
Colt, Tomkat

2 posts
B-Butch3r, Forest, Fyodor, Gerbie, Hicks, Helix, Morden, The_Fish, Treveler

1 post
Banned, BlackNova, BoredOfThis, Dinobot, Klendau, lokken, Lord_Thunderball, Sn0w, TehVader, Vaio, virogenesis, waffle, Zh|l

Breakdown of posts by alliance:
1up - 36 posts
(Blacknova, BoredOfThis, Chika, ComradRob, Dinobot, Forest, Game', Hicks, Helix, mazzelar, Tomkat, Treveler, virogenesis, Zh|l)

Unknown - 20 posts
(Banned, Fyodor, Methedrine, Sn0w, Vaio)

None - 17 posts
(Morden, Rumad, waffle)

FAnG/MISTU - 5 posts
(B-Butch3r, Colt)

NewDawn - 4 Posts
(lokken, TehVader, The_Fish)

Other - 4 Posts
(Gerbie, Klendau, Lord_Thunderball)

Analysis of Post Content
% of posts with no topical relevance - 47.62%
(#'s 2, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 28, 37 - 47 incl., 50, 51, 52, 56, 59, 60, 61, 63, 66, 67, 68, 76 - 84 incl.)

% of posts containing trolling and/or (very) excessive language - 11.90%
(#'s 2, 6, 9, 42, 43, 44, 46, 52, 75, 79)

Naughty Boys List

Rumad. 14 Posts:
11 had no relation to the thread's topic (#'s 2, 6, 11, 14, 17, 28, 37, 39, 41, 43, 46)
2 were pretty sad troll attempts (#'s 2 & 6)
2 were written to flame Hicks (#'s 43, 46.) It could be said this was done in self defence.

Hicks. 2 Posts:
Both (#'s 42 & 44) were written to flame Rumad and were, in my opinion, a bit close to the bone.

Chika. 6 Posts:
4 were irrelevant (#'s 52, 77, 79, 80)
3 were flames and refered to gayness as a negative trait. It's not big and it's not clever. (#'s 52, 75,79)

Finally, to the point of my thread. Why is none of this behaviour stamped on by the mods? Some off topic convo is inevitable and even appreciated but almost 50% is too much. Much too much. As far as I know there are only 2 moderators for AD (a difficult and thankless job) and this doesn't seem to be enough. I beseech you to stem the tide of drivel that threatens to drown us all. Appoint mods, get medieval on troll asses, whatever it takes.

I really despise having to spend an hour a day wading through shit to find a decent argument. I would think I'm not alone.

Edit: Moved waffle from 1up to no alliance.

Last edited by Achilles; 4 Jul 2004 at 09:46.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote