Thread: Predictions R15
View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 08:10   #218
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Predictions R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Why do all the nd'ers think their alliance will end above 1up? They seemed to belive the same for round 14 until the battle started,
New idea to me. I don't think ND will end above 1up, unless 1up lose their war with eXi by a huge amount. :/

Quote:
then they just claimed it was unfair cause "1up recruited just to keep up with nd's mass recruitment" and went on attacking reunion. Strange tactics.
I wasn't around for this policy change, but looking back, it seemed to make the most sense. With 1up/Reunion retaining the NAP and no backup, ND were not going to beat 1up. And IMO, ND deserved to finish above reunion, targetting 1up and allowing reunion to tear their way ahead of us (as they were also hitting our planets... maybe not quite as heavily as previously, but DC channel logs still show quite a few nasty reunion incs. Carl generally hit us with both of his attack fleets all day long, recalling/relaunching for instance)

Quote:
No offence, but when we went to war with nd we had expected a bit more.
To be fair, ND were in a pretty bad position. They had no strong political backup from anyone as Insomnia and LCH had both collapsed. A lot of our best officers were still quite tired from the reunion wars, and they had just lost their attacks HC meaning they had to use a handful of BCs with little or no experience of this round and try and keep some form of continuity.

These BCs did an excellent job, but they had mostly got little experience of the round and needed to get a feel for the alliance they were controlling and for the BCing changes we made this round... it takes something special to beat an alliance like 1up, and if you're just busy getting used to what resources you have, it can be very difficult to pull off something special

That said, I don't think we could have beaten 1up when we were at our best either tbh.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote