Thread: Facebook add-on
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2007, 20:16   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Facebook add-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno
It seems many of you are relating this solely to the elite players. I've been a 24/7 player myself (a couple of years ago), but nowadays I'm ranked what, 1800th, or something like that. I for one wouldn't mind telling this to the world.

I don't quite see how age or social status comes to play, either.

Xeno
I am in the same boat as you, I login once every couple of dies, idle on irc for a bit and then go to the pub.

But pa was quite big in the UK and there was a lot of people my age who used to play pa. They remember pa as a game which eats up your social life and time. It isn't like that now (it can be if you choose) but they (and myself) still relate it to being half sad slash anti social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
I find using Facebook or Myspace even more of a social branding then playing PA
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but I will take a stab in the dark and have a guess.

Facebook and to less of an extent myspace is used a bit like MSN was used 3-5 years ago. When you have a spare 5 minutes in the day you pop on, have a chat, maybe look at a few pictures etc. For people between the ages of 18-30 it is an essential way of keeping in touch with friends from old and new.

There is nothing wrong with facebook, that's because it is acceptable. I don't mind telling people I check facebook on my phone on the way to work, because 9 times out of 10 they will probably do the same.

Facebook probably well not probably it does, take up more time than pa, but that is not the point. The point is the social prejudice that forms around planetarion because of its reputation from years gone by.