View Single Post
Unread 4 May 2007, 01:17   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Best 5 games you've watched this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
h8r, you didnt live in the 80s, get over it,

bitter, you have no european pedigree, get over it

potentially the worst football post ive ever read.

Liverpool have beat the probably champions of spain, the 2nd placed team in the premiership, and the champions of Holland. They now face an AC Milan side with the best player in the world who have just trounced the probable winners of the best league in the world.

If this doesnt impress you then you shouldnt watch football. You're just desperately finding reasons to rationalise your hatred for liverpool.

If they had beaten Lille, Arsenal, and Villareal or something you'd just be moaning they hadnt beaten anyone of any worth.

I'm also pretty sure that if you look at a list of Champions League winners then it will correlate mostly to teams that also won their domestic league in the same year. The fact liverpool are 3rd/4th in their league doesnt cheapen their achievement at all, it makes it all the more impressive.

Overall, try harder. Terrible.
Sadly I come from a school where the European Cup should only be contested by the best sides in each championship and whether Milan are is debatable considering that they won serie A but had it taken away and only ended up qualifying by the punishment being fiddled so they finished 4th. I actually think Milan are a poor team by their standards and I'm stunned they've got this far also. Kaka, however good he is, is just one player. I am an admirer of AC Milan and I find the fact they weren't even close or winning matches in serie A absolutely disgusting because Milan are not the kind of club that should accept 3rd or 4th in their league. Liverpool with their history should approach things in the same manner, but instead use their European success to paper over what are some very large cracks.

I don't agree with Liverpool's approach that they can settle for securing qualification for next years Champions League and treat their league matches casually, taking no domestic cup competitions seriously and just throwing everything at the European Cup. A club like Liverpool should aspire to want to win everything but the fact they approach their season the way do just highlights their own weaknesses and inadequacies. I shall continue.

Sadly Liverpool haven't advanced much under Benitez in my opinion. They were a cup team under Houllier and they are under Benitez, except Benitez is smart enough to put the emphasis on European football and perhaps the quality of the playing staff has improved, if ever so slightly. Liverpool are meant to be a great club that are defined by their league titles in the 70's and 80's and for 17 years have never really come close to the trophy that will reaffirm their status as one of the giants of English football.

The way the competition and qualification is structured just allows them to settle for what for a club like Liverpool is second best in the league so they can win a cup competition. It may well be a top cup competition, but to be one of the top clubs you try and win in every competition and Liverpool are doing anything but that, which is why Chelsea and United are still miles ahead of them. Liverpool aspire to be at the top level, their followers claim they are at that level but they are very far away from it.

If people think that's what a big club is meant to be, then they are very much mistaken.

As for my clubs European Pedigree. Our glory days were 50 years ago, thanks. Since then we've had chairmen who have leeched the club of all its resources and after years of absolute misery (including a trip down to division 4, thankfully I wasn't alive for this bit) there's half the prospect of us standing on our two feet again. UEFA cup football would be very nice but isn't demanded because unlike Liverpool, we are rebuilding our football club from a £1 shell and we accept it will take time. I envy no other club because its a ****ing miracle we've got as far as we have. 10 years ago our club was dying. So you leave Portsmouth out of this because we can accept the fact that we're shit.

The only thing I'm rationalising is the fact that I watch Liverpool and that apart from flashes of genius from Gerrard, I don't think they are a particularly special football team at all. As a fan of a team that can never win the league because the top of football is now largely an oligopoly where market entry requires billions, if we're going to this pisspoor situation lets have as many of the top teams challenging each other in our league as we can.

EDIT: If I have reason to hate any club it's Chelsea who got their status by being lucky. But they are the absolute nailed on proof that money doesn't buy success considering that Mourinho succeeded where Ranieri failed and Ranieri pissed ****tons up the wall. The difference is that like a big team, Chelsea are winning lots of matches, they are doing exactly what United are doing this season and did in the 90's and what Liverpool did before that. They are just another another team at the top of their game. If Liverpool think what's happening now is fantastic, quite frankly they are taking the piss out of their previous achievements.

Last edited by lokken; 4 May 2007 at 01:32.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote