View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2007, 09:13   #4
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of
Re: [Football] Best 5 games you've watched this year

Barcelona 3-3 Real Madrid
Never really bought into the Messi hype until this game. Amazing that's he is so young and already capable of carrying a team like Barcelona.

Man Utd 7-1 Roma
Just a dream performance. I particularly like this game for two reasons. Firstly because a lot of our maligned squad players like Fletcher, O'Shea and Smith were all outstanding and restored my faith in Ferguson's judgement. Secondly because of the RTE coverage before, during and after the game where Eamon Dunphy and the other "experts" ripped into the United team. They said many of our players didn't have what it takes, that Ronaldo was vastly overrated and not good enough and all confidently predicted Roma would kick our ass. Their backtracking at half and full time was great to watch. Utter twats, particularly Dunphy, what a bitter old man he is.

Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea
This was just a really good match with some great goals. Desperate for Chelsea to drop points and when they went one up I almost switched it off because I couldn't see them letting the lead go. But Tottenham fought back brilliantly to equalise and then take the lead with 40 minutes to go. Then it was just end to end attack, great match. Also Terry got sent off which should happen more often.

West Ham 3-4 Tottenham
What lokken said. Crazy game.

Bolton 0-4 Man Utd
The first 20 minutes of this game was the best football United have played for about a decade. After that the quality dropped to just 8/10 but seriously I spent the first 20 minutes watching with my mouth open. We were flawless, I think the possession until Rooney got his second was over 80% in our favour, Bolton hadn't managed to get out of their half and it was just perfect football.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote