View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2007, 23:06   #43
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How to be a Better Human Being

Tomkat has a point.

Up to all the jokes starting I was reading the thread and relating quite a few points to real life situations. Like the one about remembering details. It's so true. You notice the people who notice you and vice versa. Those who sit around and are quiet, don't tell you anything, and likewise don't ask you anything, you have no particular allegiance to.

Onto Yahwes point about buying drinks early. In my opinion if it's your round, it's your round. Amongst friends you should never buy drinks early on purpose so you get plenty of drinks later, and likewise you should never avoid buying a drink. You are right though those who get their round out of the way are nearly always better off as the more expensive rounds are later on (ie when you are in a club/people are on spirits etc).

I also must say I agree with Yahwes point about money. People obsess over money too much. He is right, when you have it, enjoy it. Money just enables you to do certain things, just because you have more noughts in your bank account doesn't make you a decent human being. But having a party, meeting loads of people, being happy and enjoying life probably does make you a decent human being.

Finally tomkats last point on "dissapointments v arguments". Saturday night a friend did something that really upset me. What she did had no impact on me, but instead a close friend of mine. I was upset. Very upset. I wanted to scream at her, shout at her, ask her why etc. In the end I bit my lip and the next day when I saw her made it clear I didn't approve.

Bang she apologised, explained what she did etc, and then bought me lunch at wagamamas. If I went in like a raging bull we probably wouldn't be speaking. But now I understand it from her point of view and it's all good. You are so right, that if you take a step back from the situation, make your feelings known, then often you won't be the bad guy, the person who has done the deed will still be the bad person and feel the guilt.

My own advice would probably be to take a chance. I am not scared of failure. You shouldn't be. I always ask myself "What's the worst thing that can happen?" This applies to anything from education through to work through to love. Of course it can backfire, when it does it is shit. But the times it pays off by taking that chance it is a great feeling and worth it.