View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 06:46   #40
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice
Re: a research/construction queueing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
(...) and organising your research around your lifestyle and sleeping pattern (which we should reward as well).
That's simply not possible all the time... Last research I had to start, I had to wonder "Hmm... Do I do this one of 8 ticks, and lose 2 ticks because I'll be working, or this one for 20 ticks, which I don't want now, but I won't lose a tick?"...

Hence the idea of possibly allowing only 1 queued item, at certain strict conditions (like, previous one at 50% at least, or things like that)...

I agree that activity is the key though, you're totally right on that. And no, I would not like it if it were possible to queue everything, even at high costs etc. like mentionned above, because that would remove inconvenience of being inactive - heck, it would even give it advantages nearly!

But lokken, you say that you would "disagree with any notion of changing the system"... Well, changes are precisely what make this game evolve, and what make it more and more enjoyable, round after round...

So, well... That's just my 5 cents. I think this idea is worth being debated.
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote