View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:54   #63
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

OK 2 points.

Ive stated already that ppl scanning by simply pressing the scan button manually IS legal, as long as that is all they do.

Now.
1) Its easy for ppl to say that I cant prove it so it doesnt happen. That is bullshit. I know it happens, infact several officers/hc in a certain alliance ahve used a script to access scans, especially in the early parts when scan planets were rare. I know this happened because I myslef had access to it, and I got a scan in less than a second from a planet whose owner was ofline. The fact that we couldnt prove it (i was with a multihunter at the time), doesnt mean it didnt happen, as it clearly did.

2) Ive heard stated that the best way to do without a script was to copy link into a seperate page and press GO loads of times.
This, however u look at, IS abuse. Its abusing something that isnt there for the game. Nowhere in any manual will u find something asking u to copy paste links and hammer them. (I could harp back now to an alliance that was opening a seperate browser to recall fleets early, its the same thing, its abusing the game by finding a way around it).

Im not stating which ppl used scripts or whatever, but clearly the game would not go down, simply by a gal of 10 ppl, who were doing it one at a time, scanning. It brought the game down, it wasnt thru normal use, and therefor it is an illegal action.

Quite simply, if u need to look to try different actions to get something to work, its not sposed to work, and considered abuse.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote