View Single Post
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 19:39   #21
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: radeon 9800 AIW SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyPh0n
I stuck 3DMark03 on my system (Athlon 2100+, 512MB, Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB) and the best frame rate I ever saw on either of those two were 8 FPS, usually at about 2/3 FPS. My overall score was something like 1400 (hahaha). I hope this isn't a future trend for games though. I had the Doom 3 beta running a 30 FPS at one point, but only steadily at about 10-15 FPS.

Will be a nightmare come release date if it stays like that because I can't even afford an 80mm fan atm
3DM03 is entirely GPU based, even my lowly AXP2000+ managed to score 5000+ pts due to my GFX card.

anyway, 3DM03 isn't a very good benchmark for todays games, but no doubt in the far future games will be offloaded more to the GPU, probably the only thing left for the CPU to do is computer AI and game physics.

as for DM3 i can't say, but no doubt it would run ALOT better than the beta, your 64mb of VRAM might limit you though, apparently DM3 uses heavy texturing

PS your Ti4200 can't run Mother Nature
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote