Thread: restrictions
View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 18:44   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
This is a gameplay issue, as mentioned above.
what? what's your point, of course it's a gameplay issue

Quote:
Basically what you're saying is that anything should go? anything allowed by the rough game mechanics should work, instead of patching what many of the community percieve to be "cheating" (e.g. keeping artificially low value by keeping ships in production over the tick a few rounds ago)?
yeah pretty much, let people work with every feature possible as long as they do not break the eula.

Quote:
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that some people (not you, perhaps) are just stirring this issue up because they find it amusing. Having passed beyond the point where I find swearing to be the height of comedy, I don't, nor do I consider the well-intentioned (if occasionally misguided and overzealous) efforts of PAteam to stop the use of offensive language to be 'fascism'. They've been surprisingly tolerant with some cases, although this does make it very confusing when they occasionally crack down on far less offensive words (the case of someone being warned for calling someone else an 'idiot' springs to mind). The solution, however, is not mockery and insults, but to help PAteam by arriving at a better and more widely accepted understanding of what is, and is not to be tolerated.
i didn't really mean 'humour', i'm not sure why i said that - what i really mean is the ridiculous nature of mh's warning and changing r/p's nearly all the cases i've come across have been unwarranted (my opinion is correct) - this has risen rapidly since the past few rounds and it's pretty silly. i don't think abusive mails is ever going be worth closing over either to be honest, the prospect of facing a 'truly abusive mail' is laughable at best and i can't really understand the need for reporting or whatever, just delete and forget about it. perhaps add an ignore function or something to ingame mail/forums
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote