Thread: restrictions
View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 17:27   #17
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: restrictions

Some people who should know better are behaving in a stupid way. I don't care if you want to do that on GD, but on this forum certain standards obtain.

If you have a suggestion to make, make it in a calm manner, explaining the evidence in favour of your suggestion. If you wish to comment on a suggestion, engage your brain and offer reasonable opinions. Ad hominem attacks - attacking the individual posting rather than their ideas - are pointless and will be deleted. Personal insults will also be deleted. It's not hard to grasp, and 99% of the posters on the forum seem to manage it. Nobody is above the rules, no matter who you are or what your reputation elsewhere may be (in an alliance, forum or even PAteam).

I am not saying this in order to favour any particular 'side' in the debate, merely to facilitate a proper debate. We do not get anywhere when most of the posts consist of sarcastic one-liners, '**** yous' or pointlessly obscure in-jokes. There are some legitimate complaints from various people about the attitude towards 'offensive' content, but the solution to that problem is not to be as offensive as possible in the hope of goading others into overreaction.

To those who can't see what the fuss is about: you can't see the deleted posts, and I can. Apologies for wasting your time with this post.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote