View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 16:29   #20
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: A Legal Question - DDA/Yahwe etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Say for example i was advertising to go and fix a product. for example a hoover or somesuch.

I go along.

I fix it
I get paid

Then 2 weeks later the phone rings and the hoover (or whatever product) is broken again caused by the person most probably but they are saying that the work i did didnt fix it properly. Its my word against theirs concerning whether they broke it again etc.

What kind of legal issues does this cause? should I have had some kind of little contract thing saying 'this is fixed right now so sign here that you accept it and promise to pay'?

Im curious because if someone wants to fix my pc / tv / car / hoover / any product you can think off)and then i break it again surely i can just say 'but you didnt fix it' and they have to come back out and fix it for free???
I (or my company) give them eight days to test and complain. After that they are onb their own.

I remember one customer I had to let go because he thought that after three months he still was entitled to guarantees on removal of a bad virus infection.