View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2015, 01:36   #22
Victor Von Doom

Victor Von Doom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One Enemy to rule (unite) them all

There are two ideas here: campaign mode and global quest. In Campaign mode, players can learn more about dinamic of the game, and read about the history of the universe of planetarion; I believe that could be like other games, where campaign and online mode are treated separately

Global quest its a generic term. It is my favourite idea, and it will help players to roleplay, thus interacting with the universe of planetarion itself. Global quest can be quests that need more than one galaxy of players to be complete, and this quests have influence in the story of the game. Example: a situation where an alien race invade the universe and need to be destroyed. This alien race is AI, not players. And with your arrival, some dynamics of the game could change. The idea of an artifact or advantage for the alliance/galaxy/player could be made.

The goal of the game currently is rank. The winner is that do more points. And this do not change. But this idea can be used to develop a history that can be changed BY players. And more: one alien race destroyed in a round, can be BACK another round, with vengeance, with a new villain (an especific planet ruled by an authentic villain, like Darth Vader).

Apart the ranking and the points, players could win medals of the "hero that has killed The Villain X", or alliance that has commanded the attack "x", etc.

I dont believe that winning by score need to be removed, but others goals can be implemented to players that have no interest in just to play for points. The idea of capture the flag is good, but instead of flag could be a powerfull artifact or technology to give bonus to spaceships, for example.

Think in rules that give some benefit to solo players. You dont need to be in a alliance to be competitive. Goal. Medals. Points. Give to players chances to find something to use.

I'll try to talk to the admins and see if these ideas , or some of them , can be implemented. I need to understand the mechanics of the game better.

Zeke, I like your ideas. Are you a programmer too?

Thank you all for brainstorming. I hope we can talk to the admins and some of them show interest and the possible ideas to be realized!

Live long and prosper!

Last edited by Victor Von Doom; 8 May 2015 at 01:43.
Victor Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote