View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2015, 18:28   #39
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
The simple and logical fix is to put shipcovop further back in the covop tree so you have to sacrifice more research points to get it.
Thirded!
Maintains it as a viable strategy for anyone who really wants to go for it but makes it a much bigger sacrifice to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PK View Post
But in a way, that also limits stats, because to encourage non-roiding ships to be used you have to make them slightly better for defense, well most ships that are good for defense (good init, high def, etc.) are going to be even better for attack.
I guess this is going to depend on individual statsmakers. I have personally always regarded good defensive ships as those that have good survivability - high armour or are poorly targeted by their main target. They are therefore able to absorb the impact of an attack and hit back.
In practice in a set of stats you cant say you both want people to be able to attack - so those ships must have good init - and then say you want to have good def ships with equally good init because one or the other has to have higher. Given the premium we all place on having all attack fleets able to attack several different targets in practice attack fleets nearly always take priority and get the initiative. As such most of the time (there are exceptions like this round's illuminator) I don't think it really limits defence ships.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote