Thread: Run and Hide
View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2011, 11:14   #3
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Run and Hide

Its not about ship farming. Because i don't like farming off the idle planets but there are even active planets that don't log in every day, or long enough to set fleets out. Before you had run and hide people would just pl there fleet to 1 1 1 +14 or something like that. That was Much better because then you always had to be aware of whats fighting at home and what you have away.

Steal races REALLY took a big hit from this because aside from the 1st week most attack mission recall so stealing on defense wont ever happen, so almost all steals are on attack which is how they should be because then they don't get to do MASSIVE value gains off steal + salvage. Right now Zik and sometime Etd are gimped really hard because as of late the stats havent given them enough effiency to compensate for the firing last. They should be able to stand up to some one other than emp. With out this then they need to RELY on getting constant or even regular steals to keep up with the universe. Otherwise they end up with only ~~ 5% of stolen ships and 95% zik ships.

The VERY rare planets you see with alot of stolen ships are either gotten via FC's OR! from being donated, not stolen, DONATED. Alot the same people that play zik have vnc'd 2 planets so they can donate them say 100k beetles or what ever the popular ship is for that round.

I am not saying that Changing run and hide only to fix the steal races. There are other Reason in which i have stated. And if removing it entirely isnt an option then put a time limit on it. Say 12 ticks or what ever and then it changes to stay and fight. Because otherwise if you know your going to be gone for longer than that then go into vacation mode or risk getting your fleet killed.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote