View Single Post
Unread 8 Sep 2008, 00:44   #6
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Re: More "realistic" fleet sizes and prizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
There's a problem with superships, namely that it takes a buttload to kill them (think about this before posting a bollocks reply, please). That said, your suggestion wouldn't be such a bad one... in moderation. One might think of undoing the price reduction that was introduced ~5 rounds ago. Anything more than that I'm against.
The problem you mention is undeniable - yet the question remains how extreme that effect would really be. I had a pricing of around 5xlower hull group, 2xsmaller class in hull group in mind (BS 2 times more expensive than CR, 10 times DE, 20 times Fr, 100 times Co, 200 times Fi).
If we have DE targetting BS, 10 De would have same result as 19 De, 9 would have no effect. Yet this difference remains static while fleets grow. And ofc you have to keep in mind that losing a single supership will hurt big time.
On a sidenote - wasn't big ships supposed to be harder to kill in return for worse ETA? Atm some are stronger than the smaller ones but pretty inconsistant through the races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I tried to do this sort of thing with my stats, but I'm told PA players these days only care about big numbers. Because big numbers are fun!
The small informal 4 peeps I asked agreed that current ship numbers are stupid.
If you want to have big numbers increase Mining x 1000 instead of ships