Thread: fleet access.
View Single Post
Unread 5 Nov 2018, 17:50   #21
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: fleet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wades209 View Post
Seems to me there are many that are not 100% happy with how it is now. I think if the fleet def option for ally’s was removed and ally sizes reduced it would create more competitiveness and more of a challenge. Attacking should be the main source of this game and tactically the biggest part of winning. At the moment the game is too defensive which sucks the full out for the majority of players.

The game should be able to be played solo and with an alliance. The bonus of having alliance should be enough rather than effectively given them an extra tool over solos and small alliances. The numbers for defence should already be there.

Secondly, remove the bonus’ for having roids and building size as this is as having the roids is already bonus enough. Also remove bonus for building distorters as why should you be rewarded for that it makes no sense. Amps and scans make sense as they balance things for scanners and solos so they can still semi keep up. I’m already done with reaserach really and we are not even half way through. I think that should be addressed to make the game more tactical. Maybe remove some of the bonus research points. I understand this is for guidance but the rewards seem excessive and full tilt things in the favour of experienced and early starters.

I’m sure most people would be happier and more engaged if there were more roiding and less countless days of recalling ships. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Simple changes here can make a big difference. I’ve been a big fan of PA and want to to succeed. But currently it’s on the wrong track. People need to have fun to stay with the game.
I don't agree that attacking should be the main source of this game. Playing together and covering incs is a lot more challenging and engaging. It requires teamplay and cooperation. Not saying attacking doesn't require some cooperation, but be honest here: "Find target with low anti x. Get 2-5 teamups. Set Up prelaunch. Calc at eta 4"

The problem now is that attacking has a major advantage over defending. Prelaunch. We should get rid of it. It breaks the balance in the game and is the sole reason why people get fed up with defense. Attacking and Defending should be done live. Spread out the incs/def over the entire day rather then giving attackers multiple hours of planning time and then a setup that will auto-launch their fleet 6hours later.

This way defense won't have such a big toll on players as they can actually engage in it on their time rather then on some random hour. Maybe we'll even see a bunch of people dc'ing again and actually engaging in the game because now they'll be able to cover stuff when they are actually able to play.

Disclaimer: I realise old school pa also had night launches. This required effort from both attackers and defenders tough. I also remember that the last rounds before we got this prelaunch-**** actual tp's and LT's had already switched to 6-8 game time rather then what he have now.

The second part of your post wasn't clear. are you talking about the quest-rewards? If so: I agree, they removed a lot of the tactics.