View Single Post
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 16:32   #17
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Unionism in Northern Ireland

deffeh the same could be said about european culture as a whole, people seem to define culture/identity predominantly in terms of the executive they have the ability to elect, but even then i don't think theres any widescale inclusive sense of britishness, people in london genuinely don't have the first ****ing clue about life outside london.

Quote:
It happened in the 16th century.

thats true but like i said above im really interested to know why ireland became independant in the 20th century, it had problems but then all of britain did at the time after a relatively quiet amount of time they suddenenly seemed to have decided on independance. The reason im curious about the circumstances is ive always thought democracy and a free press stop these kinds of things happening*. If ireland had become independant in the 16the century id have 'understood' more.

*in the sense that problems are dealt with

Id be interested to hear the drunk irishman's take on all this, how is irish history taught in schools? what do they think of britain etc?

btw i hate to come over all noobish but after having to type quote /quote all the time ive just realised you can click the button next to the underline U in the quick responce box to insert them.