View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 12:59   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: old people and stupid sayings - a tuesday morning rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
i have users
Oh, don't get me started on users.

But one thing even worse than users, are sales and servicing people. Seriously. There's one of them, who calls EVERY BLOODY DAY to check up on bug status or inform me of another bug.
"Hey Johan, hows things going with the program for customer xxx? and what about bug yyy? Oh, and now I have you on the phone anyway, I found this new thing..."

That's the servicing side... Now the sales side:

"Johan, I promissed customer A we can make feature B. The system will be placed next week can you have it done by then?"

Or:

Me to sales person: "I'm working on this neat feature X"
... one week later ...
"Hey Johan, when will feature X be done? I told customer A and he's very interested"

I thought these things were all myths, but it's all true... "Never mention ANYTHING about features that aren't finished to sales people" is what they told me in the past.
Sadly that means I can't tell too much about what I'm making to my boss either