View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 13:03   #45
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Of course there will always be a few exceptions, but please take off the rose-tinted glasses and assume that the average 14 year old has the same view on life as you do. For the most part, kids want to have fun. The best way of educating them is to use the subject (for example, mine is IT) and put it in a situation where they want to use it to learn. Laissez-Faire doesn't work. Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's the parents, maybe it's the ethos of schools. But it wouldn't change overnight anyway, and with your method of "leave them to it", you'd end up with a bunch of self-centred degenerates.
I think we have to look deeper here. I dont doubt that children today would rather do david beckham studies than something worthwhile, I'm suggesting that the reason why they would rather do this is a direct result of our current social structure, which includes the education system. People generally arent born stupid, they are educated to be stupid. Taking the attitudes that children have in the early 21st century as some kind of model for what children are like in general is pretty misleading - you cant just state facts about what people do, you have to look at what makes them that way.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote