View Single Post
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 20:42   #24
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
3. Finance - From just writing-a-cheque to more complicated things like ISAs and High Interest Savings Accounts and Mortgages, this should be taught to people. I still don't know much about savings accounts and wish more had been covered on this when I was younger, instead of some of the crap we did in PSHE.

The difficulties of teaching specific finance related products is that in 10 years time they might not be relevent. For instance pensions have changed alot in the past decade.

What might be a good idea is having a course on the importance of sorting out your finances in general (actioning things now etc) but i don't see that course taking much time.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote