View Single Post
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 03:02   #135
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
The most desirable situation for all of you was to drive a wedge between Apprime and Ascendancy and hope one of them chooses to change tack for whatever reason. You know they are both alliances that want to win and probably wouldn't be aliied for long if they believed that by doing something different, they'd have a good chance of the win. Right now all we're going to have is some kind of crappy russian roulette which is dull for everyone involved.
I think there is a verb tense disagreement in this, and it's throwing me off. Do you suggest such a wedge was, but is no longer, possible? That would make the rest of the post a very recent history lesson. Or else this is predominantly talking about the present and future, in which case: on your re-read through did you gloss over all the app/asc posters in this thread? They all insist they could care less about winning the round, tag wise at least (they've already decided they get the block-moral-victory, and decided that's the one that counts this round).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Why hit Vision? They are not relevant to ND winning or losing the round and are of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. In addition the game engine doesn't really allow for alliances to be wiped out, so you can't really chip away at an opponent and take them out of the game. The only way to take an alliance out of the game is to quite simply, annihilate them. This is not possible, so any rationale for hitting them is pretty much non-existent.
As for hitting vision, that wouldn't have been my decision but that doesn't mean I'm against it. They're in bed with the enemy, and it's not bad for them to know if they have roids worth taking, they're going to get taken. Two days of nice landings are also good for morale, especially when sandwiched by streaks of hitting the two best defensive allies in the round, who are also pooling defense. I find a dash of hypocrisy from those posters who claim this to be a block-war instead of tag-war round, and then insist hitting vision was the most retarded thing to ever happen in the past 34 rounds. They also seem to think that the block with ND in it should be doing everything they can to get ND the tag win, while their block should be (and is) playing under a different set of goals. But mostly I wonder if cardinal will realize before or after he's completely hung out to dry by the top 8, that the SCEND block is the core of ascendancy, and he's been the puppet of the greatest HC conspiracy to grace PA.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote