View Single Post
Unread 7 Oct 2014, 18:56   #305
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Few to none people in this game wants value losses. As it rarely pays off.
By making ships have more armor and less damage, you require more value to break through the target clean, and it requires less value to stop you from landing clean. (If you can find such a target.)
I think this is where you are going wrong. You are making two assumptions about attacking which I don't think are correct.

Firstly, you seem to be suggesting that people will only launch on targets they can take with 0 losses. This is not always the case. If I calc that my fleet will suffer 0.05% value loss, but the defender will suffer 95% value loss, I can launch, safe in the knowledge that he is likely to run his fleet. In fact, from the targets point of view, if they are confident the attacker will land there is rarely any benefit to them staying. Unless the defenders can make the attacker suffer enough of a loss, it is fairly safe to assume he will land unopposed.

Secondly, you seem to be suggesting that losing any value when attacking is a bad idea. I do not think this is correct. The landing calculation is quite simple. If you are going to lose ships worth X amount of resources and gain Y amount of roids, then you can calculate:

T = X / (Y*250).

This will give you the number of ticks it takes for you to earn the resources you have lost back from the additional roids you have gained. I can't be bothered to go looking for examples, but to give a quick (and silly) case, if i lose 1 Vsh on my attack and gain 1 roid, I will be in profit after a single tick.

Clearly T will go up with X, the amount of value you lose. If you decrease damage and increase armor, X will in general be lower, meaning landing is more likely to be profitable and turning an attack into a recall will require more value defending and a greater number of defending fleets.

This in turn will lead to a lower chance of encountering defence as alliances will sooner run out of available def fleets.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote