Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 22:16   #28
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Smoking Ban

We're year and a bit into the smoking ban in Scotland. I don't fully agree with the ban.

I am all for non smoking restaurants - I say this as a smoker who works in one. In terms of pubs I can totally understand that from the point of view of the bar staff and of non smokers this must be a relief. Having to smoke outside doesn't personally bother me and luckily enough my local has a small alcove in the doorway where I can shelter if it's raining (although technically this alcove is included in the ban but neither the bar staff or police bother enforcing that). I have also found that I smoke far less when I am drinking since the ban came in. It is pretty horrific seeing crowds of people standing outside pubs smoking. I live in a 'tourist town' - it can't look nice for holiday makers especially as there are so many lazy ****s who just throw their doubts on the street rather than use a cigarette bin.

What I do object to is the fact that we cannot smoke inside my place of work at all. We have a small room at the back of the building where staff used to be able to smoke but now they cannot do so. This room was only ever used for smoking - we have a seperate staff room for eating in - and yet we still cannot use it. This to me seems retarded.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote